What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward symbol of inward change. It’s a public declaration that you are following Jesus! It’s similar to a wedding ring. It doesn’t make you married; it shows everyone around you that you are already married. Baptism doesn’t help you earn salvation or any credit with God. Instead, it’s the first step of obedience for people who put their faith & trust in Jesus. In the early church, every follower of Jesus was baptized right away. Jesus commanded his followers to go tell the world about his life, death, and resurrection on their behalf. Baptism by immersion in a pool of water is an excellent visual picture of the life (above water), death (below water), and resurrection (above water) of Jesus! It’s a great way to publically identify with him. Galatians 3:27 says, “And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.”
- Confess your sin and put your faith & trust in Jesus.
- Be willing to start following Jesus & live a changed life.
- Write out your grace story so that you can articulate what Jesus has done in your life.
- Do an interview with a leader from Restored Church.
- Shoot a video with a leader from Restored Church.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.