WHO WE ARE
Multiplying Followers of Jesus
Giving every man, woman, and child in Northeastern Pennsylvania repeated opportunities to hear, see, and respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ
- There is one true God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The 66 books of the Bible are inspired by God and authoritative.
- All men are sinners in need of salvation.
- Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit is God.
- Jesus lived a perfect life, died, and resurrected to save us from our sins.
- We can be rescued from our sins through faith in Jesus alone.
- The church is established by God and vital to Christian living.
- Jesus is coming back again to rule and reign.
In 2010, college dorm-mates Tim Walker & Dan Nichols dreamed of starting a church together.
In 2011, they launched a house church in rural Springville, PA during their internship process with Steamtown Church based in Scranton.
In May 2012, Restored Church launched its first house church in Wilkes-Barre right across the street from King’s College in the infamous party section known as Meyer’s Court.
In July 2012, Restored launched monthly preview services at the Downtown Arts building, a 200 year-old cathedral in center city Wilkes-Barre.
In September 2013, Restored officially launched with 5 house churches meeting weekly. The leadership team expected 150-200 people to attend the Grand Opening. Instead, over 400 people came and heard gospel.
By 2014, Restored had 8 house churches & averaged 150 people attending Sunday Gatherings. By 2015, Restored had 10 house churches & celebrated over 30 baptisms.
In September 2015, Restored moved the Gathering to the Heights section of Wilkes-Barre after receiving a $100,000 grant used to purchase a church building, parking lot, and 7-bedroom house.
By Easter 2016, Restored transitioned to 2 weekly Gatherings per Sunday. By 2017, Restored celebrated 58 baptisms with 300 people attending on Sunday mornings and 15 house churches meeting weekly. Restored plans to launch a brand new church in downtown Hazleton, PA in the near future.